Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas is Coming!

This month has been so crazy. I've been working quite a few hours at the spa, so my hands have been killing me. I did manage to finish some of my blocks for my ocean quilt. I just have to iron them so they don't look so puckery. The fabric is a light sea green and the embroidery is out of a rich chocolate brown thread. I have two more of these blocks to do and then the rest will be french knots or ribbon tied into cute little bows...I'm still brainstorming about that. The quotes on the blocks are all from some of my favorite poems and books, about the ocean.


"For whatever we lose, like you or me, It's always ourselves we find in the sea."
E.E. Cummings

"If fishes were wishes, the ocean would be all our desire."
Gertrude Stein


"The voice of the sea speaks to the soul, the touch of the sea is sensuous, Enfolding the body in its soft, close embrace."
Kate Chopin



Here are a couple of the lavender eye pillows I made with a little matching pouch to keep it in. I think they came out great. I sold one in my etsy shop a few days ago. My first little sale! It's so fulfilling when someone buys your creations. When all that special care and time you put into your crafts is appreciated by someone...A total stranger...It makes you feel so wonderful.

2 Comments:

Blogger jen v said...

Those sea blocks are amazing!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That embroidery is gorgeous!!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home